In August I went to Oahu, HI for a vacation before school and support my girlfriend in her longboard competition. Surfing at Queens was definitely an experience. Warm, clear waters but small waves and way too many people out. By chance, I was told that there was an amputee competition the next day so of course I jumped at the chance to surf an uncrowded Queens. The competition was being held by Access Surf and I was able to register for the amputee division. This was my first competition that has made me want to do more! I received third place and can't wait to try and improve that next time. Big thanks to the Duke's festival, AccessSurf and Kaitlin Maguire for giving me the heads up!
Surf shots taking by Hawaiian Water Shots. Please visit their site to view more at this
link.
you the bomb! 3rd overall. Awesome!
ReplyDeleteYou were the most beautiful and inspirational competitor in the water that week!
ReplyDelete