Friday, September 10, 2010

Torry Pines Kiwanis Club


During my first season of snowboarding, I was given a scholarship from Torrey Pines Kiwanis Club to go snowboarding in Durango, CO. Food, flight, stay, mountain passes all paid for. There's nothing better than having a few solid days on the mountain to teach you how to board or even perfect your skills. You also get adaptive coaches. It was a great experience.



After learningsome basic skills, I went to Windells snow and skate camp to help me out with rails, jumps and pipe that same season. The following year I competed at Nationals at Copper Mountain, CO and won second in BoarderX.

Here is the form  to apply for a scholarship to Durango, CO courtesy of Torrey Pines Kiwanis Club.  Good luck and have fun shredding!


Here is a video of me snowboarding in Durango, CO.








No comments:

Post a Comment